Marina and Frank Davis’ list of lockdown tips
Here are some of the things we are doing to stay focused and positive under the circumstances:
- Marina has found a wildlife site which live-streams game drives in the Kruger Park:
- Morning drives are from 06h00 t0 09h00.
- Evening drives are from 15h30 to 18h30.
- The site is called Wild Earth.
- The link is https://wildearth.tv/safarilive/
- Marina starts most of her days watching the early game drive, in bed with a cup of coffee and rusks.
- Enjoying watching, and photographing, the birdlife in our garden.
- Instead of our usual daily shopping, we only go the shops every 7-10 days, to stay safe.
- Enjoying being creative with cooking, enjoying watching our three children, two spread around SA and one in Amsterdam, also getting creative with meal preparation.
- Having video calls on WhatsApp, as a family, to stay close together.
- To keep informed of the news, but trying to avoid information overload -not so easy.
- To keep a sense of humour, this is helped by all the funny stuff received on WhatsApp. Most of all, to keep a positive outlook, although the health threat around the world and the terrible drop in the stock markets is of real concern.