Lockdown Reflections from Frances Meeser
I am in lockdown with my helper from Malawi, who lives on my property, and my two dogs. Our lives are generally so busy, and although I am working from home, this time of lockdown has made me slow down and take some very deep breaths, and so I have given myself some time for doing some things for myself…..
- I have completed my Vision Board which I hadn’t completed after attending a workshop a few weeks ago. I have stuck this up on the study wall so that I see it day when I am working.
- I very luckily have a treadmill that I inherited, so have set it up in the garage and walk 5-6kms every morning listening to a podcast series – the series I am listening to at the moment is Unlocking Us by Brené Brown. Other podcasts on my list are Malcolm Gladwell – Revisionist History and Daily Boost by Scott Smith.
- I have started taking some time to write in a journal – this is being made easier by using the ‘Becoming’ journal by Michelle Obama which gives prompts and ideas on the pages – a wonderful Christmas present from my daughter.
- I have signed up and started an ‘Authentic Resilience’ Online course facilitated by Gabi Lowe and Pippa Shaper from the Resiliencefactory – it is a two- week course which I am really looking forward to completing.
- Kim suggested a few books for me to read when I met with her, and I have been ensconced in Daring Greatly by Brené Brown and have Rising Strong and Braving the Wilderness waiting.