Be a Dream-Maker!
The Reach for a Dream Foundation offers numerous ways to be involved in making the dreams come true for children fighting life-threatening diseases. You can donate your time, money, skills or resources … it is easy and takes very little to transform the life of these children.
Here are more details on each of the opportunities to inspire hope:
1. In 2014, a Dream Team cycled the CAPE ARGUS Pick n Pay Cycle Tour; 288 riders raised a total of R201,000.00 for the Foundation.
In 2013, 463 Dream Riders rode in the Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge and brought to a grand total over R3.8 million raised since their first race in 2007.
2. Buy a R10 Sticker and wear your slippers to work, school, shopping, anywhere! Slipper Day also raises awareness regarding Reach for a Dream.
3. Purchase a bear for R100.00 through the Foundation’s Show You Care Send A Bear project, and put a smile on the face of a child confined to a hospital ward. You can do so via the online shop – reachforadream.org.za
4. Become a member of a team of amazing volunteers. Call Inge at 082 252 8515 or mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what this entails.
5. You have so many skills and resources at your fingertips – use them for the good of these children who need some hope amidst their struggle to conquer their illness. Belong to a bookclub? Why not plan, fund and host your own event for a group of boys or girls? Or just the catering? Playing golf with some friends? Why not add a supplementary donation and fund a few toy bears?
6. Donate your SAA Voyager Miles to help fund a dream holiday.
7. Visit the online shop and purchase a mug, t-shirt, bear, book – visit reachforadream.org.za
8. Want to remember someone special – or find a gift for that impossible-t- buy-for person? Make a donation in their name.
9. Donate via Debit order or give as you earn through the monthly employee-giving programme.
10. Why not initiate your own fundraising project? Host a games evening, charge your friends and donate the money. Host a sports tournament. Hold a quiz evening.
11. Refer a child to the Foundation – you may not know what dreams that child has, but you do know who can help them make it come true!
12. Please join Kim Potgieter at the Captain Courage (18 September) and/or Queen for a Day (30 October) party days. Details will be announced closer to the dates – but diarise in the interim.